The Tinon vineyard has been a winegrowing property since the 18th century. It is located on hills overlooking the right bank of the Garonne river in the Sainte Croix du Mont appellation area.
The Bridet family bought Château La Grave with its 12 hectares (30 acres) in 1929.
At that time, the vineyard consisted of 6 hectares (15 acres) of which 5 produced Sainte Croix du Mont AOC sweet white wine.
Gradually the vineyard became organised and neighbouring plots were added to reach 13 hectares (32 acres) by 1970 when the third Bridet-Tinon generation took over.
In 1977, Château Grand Peyrot with its 5 hectares (121/2 acres) was added to the existing vineyard.
Since 1990, new plots have been added bringing the total area today to 25 hectares (62 acres) all of which are in the commune of Sainte Croix du Mont.